Script amp-functions.php threw an exception Message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Stack Trace: at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at org.libercus.ScriptHandler.ExecuteScript(BaseSession Session, String Language, LibVarSpace VarScope, String ScriptName, String Method, String References, Boolean Debug) in E:\TeamCity\buildagent\work\407d2367caebea6f\main\Libercus\Handlers\ScriptHandler.cs:line 266 at org.libercus.ScriptHandler.TagExecute() in E:\TeamCity\buildagent\work\407d2367caebea6f\main\Libercus\Handlers\ScriptHandler.cs:line 37 Inner exceptions: Message: Unable to cast object of type 'System.String' to type 'PHP.Core.PhpReference'. Stack Trace: at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Object , ScriptContext , Object ) at AmpCheck.check_amp_status(ScriptContext , Object libercus) at AmpCheck.check_amp_status(Object libercus) SNGWEB04 - 8/16/2018 10:14:48 AM UTC

Crews extinguish fire on Grandview Drive in Ogden

Thursday , May 24, 2018 - 3:47 PM

OGDEN — Fire crews from Ogden and South Ogden cities quickly extinguished a structure fire that displaced a family of three Thursday afternoon.

The fire occurred in the living room of a home at 3887 Grandview Drive, Ogden, according to Mike Mathieu, Ogden Fire Department chief. 

“There was quite a bit of fire and smoke,” Mathieu said. “Firefighters took an aggressive interior attack and were able to hold it to the room of origin.”

Story continues below photo. 

Jim Dotson, deputy fire marshal with Ogden Fire Department, said the cause of the fire was a laptop computer that was left charging on an easy chair. Only one person was home at the time of the fire.

“The man said he heard some popping noises downstairs, and when he looked he saw an orange glow coming from downstairs,” Dotson said. “He went downstairs and saw about 18 inches of flames coming out of the computer.”

Dotson said the man immediately left the two-story condominium, later explaining to fire officials that he thinks a blanket on the back of the chair may have fallen and covered the laptop, trapping in the heat of the charging battery.

“Anything that has a battery and is charging, it heats up when it charges,” Dotson said. “It’s just so random, but it would be best when charging electronics to make sure it’s on a hard surface where airflow can go underneath it.”

Mathieu said the damage estimate to the fourplex unit was estimated at $80,000. The fire has displaced a young couple with a baby, and the American Red Cross has stepped in to help out. Mathieu said the family has a place to stay temporarily. None of the other three units needed to be evacuated, a testament to how quickly firefighters extinguished the fire, according to Dotson.

“The arriving crew did a heck of a job knocking that fire down quick,” he said. “It was a lot of fire and a quick knock-down.”

The response included 16 firefighters from Ogden and South Ogden fire departments, according to Mathieu. Two fire engines, two ladder trucks, one rescue unit and an ambulance were called to the scene.

Sign up for e-mail news updates.